SAGE is also proud of our year-round philanthropic efforts that provide financial support, promote knowledge sharing, create a positive impact, and give our teams the opportunity to volunteer.
Here are some of the ways we get involved:
- We participate in more than 20 events and programs each year that support local rescue organizations such as Valley Humane Society, Pets in Need, and Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF), as well as national organizations such as the Morris Animal Foundation.
- Individual doctors frequently donate to local schools’ silent auctions to help with fundraising.
- Our veterinarians and staff educate the public on responsible pet ownership at venues such as the Bay Area Pet Expo and at local businesses that include REI.
- Our staff regularly educates children and young adults about pet care and the veterinary field on “Reading Day” at local schools, at SPCA Kids Camps and Vet Camp at ARF.
- Our doctors have worked with the Mount Diablo Unified School district and others to present to school age children as part of the STEAM Industry Partners Program to get them thinking about careers in science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
- We participate in Junior Achievement programs, working with students in Dublin and Concord classrooms to prepare young people for economic success.
- SAGE is a Veterinary Partner with SAGE Compassion For Animals Foundation. A non-profit that provides financial assistance for veterinary care to help companion animals in crisis and educate communities about way to prevent and reduce illness. To learn more or donate, click HERE!
- Our doctors and staff support Cover Your K9, a non-profit organization that raises money to provide safety equipment and medical care for police dogs and other working K9 teams. Our doctors educate law enforcement teams, and our staff brings their own dogs to events to teach officers how to bandage, splint, and care for their K9s while out in the field protecting our community.
- Our administrative staff participates in an annual Volunteer Day at the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano; we’re proud to be a part of the annual volunteer hours that keeps this incredible organization running.
- We encourage our staff to make a personal impact and participate in community service programs. We make time to publicly recognize everyone who volunteers.
- Our staff has also donated animal health services to the Oakland Zoo.
- Each SAGE hospital also donates time and money to their own charities of choice.
To learn more about our charitable giving efforts, contact us at email@example.com.