SAGE Centers for Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Care is independently owned by Bay Area veterinarians who are personally invested in our communities. The doctors and staff at SAGE are compelled to show gratitude in everything we do, and we appreciate the privilege of caring for animals and their families.
We are proud of our philanthropic efforts that provide financial support, promote knowledge sharing, create a positive impact, and give our teams the opportunity to volunteer.
Here are some of the ways we get involved:
- We participate in more than 20 events and programs each year that support local rescue organizations such as Valley Humane Society, Pets in Need, and Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF), as well as national organizations such as the Morris Animal Foundation.
- Individual doctors frequently donate to local schools’ silent auctions to help with fundraising.
- Our veterinarians and staff educate the public on responsible pet ownership at venues such as the Bay Area Pet Expo and at local businesses that include REI.
- Our staff regularly educates children and young adults about pet care and the veterinary field on “Reading Day” at local schools, at SPCA Kids Camps and Vet Camp at ARF.
- Our doctors have worked with the Mount Diablo Unified School district and others to present to school age children as part of the STEAM Industry Partners Program to get them thinking about careers in science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
- We participate in Junior Achievement programs, working with students in Dublin and Concord classrooms to prepare young people for economic success.
- Our doctors and staff support Cover Your K9, a non-profit organization that raises money to provide safety equipment and medical care for police dogs and other working K9 teams. Our doctors educate law enforcement teams, and our staff brings their own dogs to events to teach officers how to bandage, splint, and care for their K9s while out in the field protecting our community.
- Our administrative staff participates in an annual Volunteer Day at the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano; we’re proud to be a part of the annual volunteer hours that keeps this incredible organization running.
- We encourage our staff to make a personal impact and participate in community service programs. We make time to publicly recognize everyone who volunteers.
- Our staff has also donated animal health services to the Oakland Zoo.
In 2017, SAGE donated to the following organizations:
- Wildlife Conservation Network – For protecting endangered species and preserving their natural habitat.
- Earth Justice – For making the world a better place and keeping it safe and sustainable.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind – For empowering and supporting the blind community and caring for working dogs.
- Morris Animal Foundation – For their research support and their focus on improving pet health and saving lives.
Each SAGE hospital also donates time and money to their own charities of choice.
To learn more about our charitable giving efforts, contact us at email@example.com.