Back in March when Covid-19 hit, SAGE made the decision to cancel all sessions until further notice, due to the safety for all. SAGE realizes how important the support group is for clients, so we have decided to start these sessions back up in a virtual setting.
The Support Group is facilitated by Aileen Snodgrass, a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) and certified pet loss and bereavement counselor.
The group offers a safe place for individuals and families to express their feelings and talk about their experiences related to the care of a pet who is receiving ongoing treatment for any illness, or for those who have experienced the loss of a pet. This group takes an open discussion format, with no set program or agenda. Some find it helpful to attend every month, while others come just once. Each family’s journey with an ill pet is uniquely personal and all are supported.
If you’re interested in attending our virtual sessions, please read and follow the instructions below:
- Meetings will be held every 2nd & 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Meetings are open to SAGE Clients only.
- In order to make sessions the most productive for all, we are limiting each meeting to a max of 20 people.
- You must REGISTER TO ATTEND these free sessions.
- Registration is setup for each session for each month, so if you would like to attend multiple sessions, you will need to register for each one.
- Once you register, you will automatically be sent a confirmation email with the call-in information.
- These meetings will be held via Web Conferencing Service, GoToMeeting.
- Registration for the following month’s session will open on the 15th of each month.
- For example: October Support Group Sessions, registration will open on September 15th, November Support Group Sessions, registration will open on October 15th, and so on.
Questions about the virtual Support Group session or your registration: please email email@example.com.