Dear Valued Pet Parents,
The past six months have been full of unpredictable challenges with regularly evolving safety recommendations from various local and state health departments. While adapting to the ever-changing guidance and our new normal, we remain committed to providing medical care to the pets who need us. We recognize our pet parents and patients have experienced longer wait times and high call volumes and we appreciate your understanding and patience as we work hard to ensure the safety of you and our teams, enabling us to continue providing the care you and your pets need.
In the spirit of keeping you informed, the following are several factors and process changes you have experienced that are impacting wait times:
- To ensure the safety for all, we are practicing social distancing and strict safety protocols that impact our check-in/check-out process, which plays a role in how quickly our team members can work.
- Increase in patients visits, due to the rise in pet ownership and with some of our local veterinary hospitals limiting their hours and services due to COVID-19, more pet parents are coming to us to care for their pets.
- With our lobby closed, the number of patient visits, check-in / check-out processes, pet parents asking for an update on their pet, Rx refills, and our teams working with patients’ primary veterinarians, our phones are on overload.
We are continuously working to create and implement efficient ways to streamline workflows to reduce wait times, while keeping our team members, pet parents, and community safe.
Here is what we are doing to address these factors and improve your experience:
- We are consistently adapting to the ever-changing information surrounding the virus in order to streamline and improve our overall check-in / check-out process.
- Expanding our Urgent Care services for non-life-threatening cases. Pet parents can make same-day appointments, helping reduce wait times, relieving our ER departments to focus on life-threatening /critical issues, and providing an added convenience to pet parents. Currently, SAGE Campbell, Dublin, and Redwood City offer Urgent Care services. And COMING SOON: Concord Urgent Care will open on 9/22! To learn more or to make an appointment, please visit https://www.sagecenters.com/urgent-care/.
We appreciate your patience and understanding through all this. We understand it can be frustrating, but we take everyone’s safety very seriously and want to continue serving our communities as an essential service. We value our staff as much as our patients; aggressive behavior will not help your pet and will not be tolerated. We kindly ask that you continue to remain patient. If you have any concerns regarding our workflow or wait times, please ask to speak with a member of the hospital leadership team, rather than a team member assisting you and other patients.
We are thankful to serve our communities with the same focus and values on patient care that we’ve had for decades. We are all in this together. Thank you for being a part of our SAGE family. We are here for you when you need us, 24/7 – 365 days, including holidays.